Thursday, May 25, 2006

Triple Movie Week!

My Critique.
1.Paradise Now was sleep inducing, it had a meaningful story to tell, but I was just too sleepy to empathize. Its a very real problem thats happening as we speak, but what are we to feel when these are affairs that are so far away and seem so out of reach? In places where we'll hardly be able to exert any influence. I suppose we're too comfortable where we are. Or maybe its just something that's so Singaporean, to observe and....to let it be? Even so, would it be enough to just have an opinion?

2.Da Vinci Code was....well...alright I guess. Got so many warnings not to watch the show, but I suppose that helped, since it brought down my expectations. As always, books will be a better medium than movies. Or should we say, the pen is mightier than the video camera? Haha. Perhaps there was too much hype about the show...but i'm sure there's enough success left over from the book to cover up for the films shortcomings.

3.X Men 3! It was not bad! A little disappointing since the trailer was pretty deceptive I feel. I wont reveal why here...so I wont spoil the show for anyone. Then again, I think people would've caught the show by the time they read this. Again, its difficult for a movie to live up to the standard of the comic book. And, I've always felt that the problem with Marvel comics is that its so...disjointed. They hardly connect. Every character seems to have multiple developments in different issues..(or maybe somebody more well-versed with the comics could correct me) and what happens in the movie is so different as well. Well, the show was still good!

Bumped into Bean and Aileen in town today!

Well, other than watching X-men, today was a tiring day spent walking around all by myself getting quotations for prices of stuff for medicamp....It was....draining. And I didnt even finish. Kumaran joined me after checking out some stuff at the tour agency....Planning holidays is complicated stuff. Can't wait for it all to be confirmed. Here's to Turkey, Bangkok and Greece. May I reach your shores and have an unforgettable experience. Haha. May these holidays never end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home