Friday, May 26, 2006

2 Wakes and a Birthday

I was dead tired today. Woke up late at 1030, to some voice in my head no less. Maybe it was God reminding me that I'd set my alarm for 0900. It said 2 words, which I cant remember now. Haha. Ok, thats weird. Slept at 4 or so the night before trying to figure out how to do some stuff on this blog. Been doing this to myself for quite some time now..practically the whole holiday. Oh well.

Anyway, I managed to get to Joachim's house in pretty good time....and Liyana's celebration was great! With all the jamming...funny food preparation....especially the bread with coloured sweet rice( Wish I had pictures to show for it. Haha.) and of course...the great company! I think most of us had a good time...and I know the Birthday girl did. And thats what matters most.

After some time wandering around town..and bumping into huishan (which was funny,so I guess we're friends now), I made my way to Ang mo kio to meet Sam and her cell. We're all glad to know that Christine's fine. It's a terrible thing to lose your Father.....at any age. I hope the whole family pulls through this smoothly. Can't imagine the magnitude of the change they'll experience just at home...Can't imagine what I'd feel myself..

At about the same time, quite a few friends of mine were at another wake....honouring an awe-inspiring girl, a girl I don't even know personally. But she struck me as such a strong person, she didn't seem to know how to give up, her spirit never faltered. I feel both happy and sad knowing that she's at home with the Lord now. Here's to Shu Fang, her family and friends...For their courage, strength and faithfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home