Friday, February 01, 2008

Revival!

It's been sometime since I've been here, once again - one of the most frequently repeated statements on my blog, i'm sure, oops. Haha. And I realize this, I never blog when I'm happy. I only blog when I'm...otherwise... But well, I'm about to try to change that. Why share sorrow? When it feels so much better sharing joy?

And before I forget, for the umpteenth time.... Happy Birthday Emily! ( This blog-birthday-greeting comes 8 days late, sorry!) And thanks for the wonderful lunch! I don't have any pictures of the lunch, but I do have some of the celebration dinner we had at night, after the Med-Law debate. We ate at Mellben (or however you spell it), black pepper crab, butter crab and that noodle-soup crab thing (forgive my ignorance), that was really good! But the portions were way too little, considering how much we paid. The ‘saving dish’ was, in my opinion, the sweet and sour chicken thing.


On another note, I’ve been…having a mixture of feelings lately. Profound joy from the pursuit of Him, the glorious Father. I feel refreshed and excited everytime the word is revealed to me, who would've known, that such power could exist in something that looked so plain? But it's true, God's word is alive. And of course, there's that thing thats been bugging me. I half feel like its...history repeating itself, a happening which somehow always happens with me. I wonder what it is I always do. But I remember this --> New level, new devil. I won't let him distract me. Not when I'm this close. Not when there's so much happening and so much hanging in the balance.

Remember 1st Corinthians 10:13.

Hm, I realize how different I sound now, from the past few posts. Haha. I assure you, I'm still the same old Joel, maybe with a bit more passion, a bit more spirit, a bit more direction. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger bean said...

all the best buddy! :) soldier on.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home