Thursday, September 20, 2007

Words fail me

"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 18:18

The above-mentioned verse occupied my thoughts today as I got home. A reminder of a long-standing problem, festering, rotting, eating its way toward destruction. And again, as usual, I brush it off. Transient angst, without the proper response. Maybe it isn't such an issue at all. Maybe I'll regret it when the time comes. Maybe I can't do anything about it anyway.

Ok, well, its been some time since I've paid attention to this place. And no, I haven't always been brooding this way over the past few weeks. Much more the opposite actually. But I still can't help but feel like I always over-think things. Always asking, questioning, speculating, postulating, assuming, imagining - a victim of my own insecurities. Even when I try. Its only trying.

We're our own worst enemies. Or maybe it's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home