Thursday, August 10, 2006

The End of How It All Began

Another 28 hours will pass, and there we'll be, seated in LT28, promoted from a year of sitting,sleeping,paying attention,writing furiously and doing whatever else we did in LT29 - Now to be occupied by our newest batch of successors...may they do as well as we did, or better. Haha. LT28, our new homeground, is much colder i think, has wider rows, which makes it harder to move around. And perhaps...easier to escape a lecturers field of vision when you sit at the sides. Hm..well, we'll have a year to get to know the place better. And Im not really looking forward to it. Then again, maybe a part of me is.

All good things must come to an end. And how good these holidays were to me. I won't say they flew by too fast. Because they didn't. But I will say that they've probably been the best holidays I can remember since...I have no idea. And I suppose they better be, since they're the last of any long holiday we'll ever have. Endings like these always make me think about how everything started. How did it ALL begin? I feel nostalgic already. But what I feel more...is gratitude...melancholy...a mix of happiness and its opposite...and...I'm even a little puzzled. Puzzled at how things have turned this way and that. But Ill leave that for the moment.

I remember. Feeling so lost even before we finished our pros. I feared its ending more than I thought i would. You know how we all slowly get numb to finishing exams over the years? Like..we're estatic in primary 6, happy in sec 2, relieved in sec 4, neutral in j2 and somehow, for me at least, fearful in m1. I didnt see anything I had to look forward to. The holidays just seemed like a mass of aimless,undirected amount of time that I had to occupy myself with. I didnt know what to do. I felt..totally lost. And it really sunk in the night before physio...Ok, I bet I sound like an absolute weirdo now. Haha.

Well..physio went by the way anat and biochem did. Only it was the last exam and that meant our freedom. And I guess I feared what was to come next. But...little did I know...that over the next few days, Id make friendships that would last an entire holiday..and hopefully, an entire lifetime. Suddenly, I had some direction, I had things to do, places to go, people to meet. All that empty space and time that I was worried about...was gonna be filled to the brim, and more. That turned my expectations of the holidays around a full 360 degrees. I was overjoyed.

So I'll cut to the chase. In short, I'm extremely, absolutely, entirely, totally, completely grateful for all the people who have been a part of my life in these long/short 4 months. (Short because we've the rest of our lives to go!) They've made my life a whole lot happier. They've made medschool seem like such a bigger, better, more vibrant place. They've given me a niche to fill. A role to play. A person/friend to be. Well...enough emo stuff for one entry eh? Thanks guys. I don't think I have to mention names do I? You should know who you are. You better. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home