Monday, July 03, 2006

The Narrator


Mom left with Jeannie and Natasha today for the States. They should still be in the air right now...somewhere over the pacific ocean. It'll be another 6 months before they return...That just leaves the 3 of us to hold the fort. Haha. Hope the house doesnt implode on itself. She gave dad,John and I a list of chores to do regularly. We havent really decided who's gonna do what though. It'll be terrible when school starts.

Anyway, I was dead tired today. Joachim called me in the morning to ask about returning my backpack and the first thing he asked was if i was ok coz I sounded so dazed over the phone. Well, I really didnt have a good nights sleep at all. In fact, last night is certainly one worth mentioning. Havent had one of those episodes since...primary school? Strange.

You know how dreams usually come in multiples? Or perhaps dreams just take you to so many places that they seem like several dreams. And when you do remember them, you get them all mixed up? Ok maybe you dont, but anyway... they seem so real and you never realize they're dreams until you wake up. Well, last night, I dreamt many dreams. There were many familiar faces, I just don't remember who exactly.

What I do remember so clearly is this: Someone was talking to me in the dream and somehow I grew an awareness. It dawned on me that something was wrong, weird, just plain out of sync. I realized I was dreaming. And that just doesnt happen when you're dreaming. Out of protest, my innermost consciousness roused me, i felt the pillow beneath my head, the bedsheets beneath my body, the blanket over me. I felt a presence right beside my ear. It was STILL talking to me. As if it were responsible for all I'd dreamt and narrating to me as I journeyed in my sleep.

I couldnt move. Or maybe I didnt want to. I was frozen in fear. And I prayed. I prayed in Jesus' name to banish this presence forever. I don't remember when I stopped praying, but I fell asleep somewhere along the way. For the rest of that night, I slept, awoke, slept, awoke, again and again. Until breakfast that is. I didnt remember it all until Joachim pointed out that I sounded funny. Then I realized that last night did happen. That scared me a little. It kinda scares me even now. But then, Faith prevails. God protects. My last spiritual attack was ages ago. Makes me wonder why I had one last night. An omen perhaps. A sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home