Saturday, August 12, 2006

We did it!

M2s!

A Grand Congratulations to our Holy Trinity is in order! Thanks Amanda, Lijia and Sabrina...for all the hardwork..planning..commitment...and encouragement as we tried to learn everything you choreographed! It was definitely a challenge. I still half can't believe I did it. Ive never liked dancing. Dont know if I ever will. Haha. But the experience has been a good one. After all this, I can see how one would feel satisfied and fulfilled after putting a routine together and seeing everything executed like clockwork. And executed like clockwork it was...not without its imperfections though..but I heard we really rocked the judges. And thats good enough.

The Men.

And our Ladies.


Kums and QT fooling around. Don't worry girls, Kumaran's straight.

Yesterday and today were killers though. We bummed and practiced on friday...working on our costumes and going through the full run several times, in and out of costume. Dinner was an all-guy thing at holland v. And I guess we only really slept at about 12 plus 1..so we could get up at 3. But I only REALLY slept from 1 something to about 2. Couldnt really make the trip to neverland after that. I SO felt like a zombie in the next few hours....which we spent doing a sound check..and waiting around in the dark..trying to put on our make up. Which I thought was just plain insane until I saw the Hall dance teams. THEIR make up was insane man. The epitome of insane. They must've had a good time bathing after all that.

M1s!

Our Egyptian Girls, realize i dont have a picture of the guys in costume.

Our Ninja/Assassin Wushu man Calvin.

So there we were, at the track next to our float..being sleepy and still doing make up. After the static display inspection, we moved over to the rest point and just happily laid down to sleep. ALL of us. Haha. I think we had more than a few bemused photographers coming our way. It was a pretty long wait for our turn to perform, in the hot sun no less. The sheltered area was pretty well occupied by other teams so we didnt have a choice. But as the time drew nearer, we slowly moved out of our slumber and psyched ourselves up. I wasnt even feeling apprehensive till that point. Id think i would, coz I get still get a little nervous up on stage in front of many people. But then..somehow, I was just mentally prepared to go through the entire routine, regardless of the audience.

Our costume. The front hadn't been done yet though.

Costumes!

I think a little anxiety hit me as we stood at the last waiting point, where we could see our friends standing on the field and ready to cheer us on. Where there were many many people taking photos of us in our silver and bronze skin. I tried not to think about it. Tried to remember my steps. Tried to get with the music that was playing, to loosen up and just enjoy myself. And when they called for us, we ran.

It breezed by so quickly. I didnt even really notice who was watching. I didnt even see the judges. I just saw that one point i was glaring at...to maintain our 'fierce' appearance..and the positions of the other dancers relative to mine.. I noticed the cheers we got from our friends..and hopefully from other people as well. But other than that, I think I was just really into it, I'd thrown myself into the entire dance, making myself pretty oblivious to anything else.

And then it was over. A mere 5 minutes. All our preparation for that glorious 5 minutes. Haha. Well, we tried to clear off quickly. I think the float had a little bit of trouble moving off the stage area. They sure were quick to start destroying all their hardwork though. Haha. I didnt even get a shot at the float myself. After some photo taking..by prof raj and many others...we were still high on endorphines. We hung around...talking...proud of what we'd done...doing full extensions and elevators for the fun of it. Haha. Unbelievable. A couple of complications came up along the way though. Lost items and all. But everything was reclaimed I think. As happy as I was with the dance being over, I was even happier wash all that stuff off myself. Haha. Ok enough!

Oh man, BR creating another scandal for herself. Haha!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home