Sunday, May 28, 2006

Another First Time...

What I wanted: To feel the wind in my face as it rushed by me. To take in all the sights and sounds surrounding me. To breathe in the cool fresh air. To cruise along the roads and up and down the hills. To feel a sense of freedom, as if my feet could take me to paradise undiscovered. To find myself again. To get back home in 16 minutes.

What REALLY happened : My conscious effort to breathe properly overwhelmed any sensation of the wind. I just focussed on putting one foot in front of the other and feared being spotted by anyone familiar in case I was SO slow. Breathe? Huffing and puffing more like it. Cruise down the hills I did, going up was a different matter. I felt trapped, bound by the route I'd set myself, I couldn't wait to get back home....and that feeling set in about 400m from the start. I got home in 20 minutes.

YES, it was the first time I've gone running this YEAR. After much procrastination and a reminder from my bro while we were on the way to dinner. I've got quite a way to go if I want to even start thinking about running a marathon at least once. And...IPPT beckons. Soon. Argh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home