Sunday, October 29, 2006

Just another day.

Its amazing that I've actually begun reading a little bit in the midst of all this mugging (reading books other than textbooks I mean)...Finally picked up Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors after leaving it on my shelf for...a year perhaps? I like buying books. Finding time to read them is another thing altogether. Well, came across something interesting in there. So here goes.

Question of the Day

The Himalayan word "yeti" means...

a)Abominable Snowman.
b)That thing over there.
c)Omg! Bigfoot's cousin.
d)Big furry man-like animal.

By the way, for those of you who don't know Gaiman, he's an amazing writer. Seriously. His imagination is...like no other author's I've seen. Then again, I'm not that well read. But trust me, he thinks of the most interesting things you probably never will. He's got a new book out in stores now. Can't remember what it's called. But for starters...you could pick up Neverwhere, Stardust, American Gods...and of course, Sandman...if you want a good read. And if you're a 2nd year medical student, please do it after 27 Nov (or maybe after 10 Nov), it'd be hard to put down once you've started reading. That reminds me, Zhimin , if you're reading this, you've had my American Gods for more than a year.

Anyway, some random stuff. I was sitting at the bus stop today. On my way to church. And I noticed some ants had crawled out from their nest somewhere to poke at some...stuff..on the floor. Then I noticed that their formation around that 'stuff' had a distinct measurable radius, apart from 1 or 2 individuals. So it got me thinking, what's the range of an ant's inquisitiveness? Or rather, how far are they willing to go to check something out? And then I started wondering more about how they operated..and why the 'radius' around the food/stuff. Ok, whatever. Just exposed the nerd in me. If anyone ever bothers to find out. Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home