Friday, October 06, 2006

Endorphine Release!

It's been another long week. And..really. THANK goodness its Friday tomorrow. Happy MAF everyone. I don't think I've ever wished anyone that before. Haha. School has been..well..the same...draining as always...We've been having 2 lectures a day on average..which is manageable. Till today, where we had FOUR lectures. And todays score was...Joel 1 : LT28 & Z monster 3. Been sleeping too little and too late...Better change that soon.

I've been talking to several friends about it..And I realize...that it's really important to set ourselves short term goals fairly frequently..just to give us that direction..and that much drive to push ourselves on. Especially when we can get so lost in everything sometimes..What with the amount of work we have...and the other things that we decide to fill our lives with. You get what I mean, short term goals...to take away that feeling that we're aimless and drowning...and to give us that much satisfaction when we're done. To "stratify" life into easy, manageable steps.

Which brings me to my short term goal for today. Which isn't to have mugged all about influenza viruses by the way, thatll come later.. But...my goal for today...was to do a run. Haha. What I did in the end, was another first time for me. By some stroke of genius (or foolishness), Kristanto, Kok and I decided to do intervals with Suriya. He was gonna do 10 X 600m..in 120s for each rep. Which is kinda daunting just looking at the numbers. So he gave us something easier..10 X 400m in 80s. Which is still daunting enough. I wanted to do my usual 40min run on grass...but no one wanted to join me.

Alas, I succumbed to peer pressure..and ended up joining them. It was better than I thought it would be. Tiring, of course...but when it was over...I felt accomplished. Tired, but re-vitalized. I felt free...liberated...I felt an explosion of senses...including the ache in my thighs...but heck..it was worth it.. It truly was the high point in my day. bbh indeed. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home