Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hello, this is the Dean's Office.

And so I received a call, sometime in the early evening. The man on the other side of the phone, who identified himself as Jimmy, I think, proceeded to tell me that President George Bush was coming to Singapore...and that I was selected to represent NUS Medicine. So, being the mountain tortoise that I am (coz I didnt know He was coming to Singapore) , I immediately thought, which of my friends sounds like this on the phone? I was almost going to take a guess when he went on to give me more details. My mind was racing, 'oh crap, is he for real?'.

So when he asked, if I had any prior engagement in the afternoon on the 16th...which I do, all I could think to say was, "You're kidding me, right?" Apparently, he was quite surprised by my question and I had to repeat myself. To which, he responded with an outburst of laughter and an avalanche of No's. He was serious. Wow/Crap. I was still a little concerned though, so I asked who else had been selected. And it turns out that I'm one of 40 students from medfac and one of many many others who are going to attend Mr Bush's address.

Wow/Crap. The President of the US of A. I still half-couldnt believe it, so I went to check the papers. So much for that seminar/session on Surgery and Paeds. Was looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home