Monday, September 04, 2006

Return to Tioman

Us on the Boat! Still docked at the yacht club though.

Beautiful, aint it?

Finally! The long-awaited post on our dive trip/advanced open water diver course at Tioman! Haha, as if. Oh well. School just changes things you know. Makes you not wanna blog. Alright, just humour me. I'm bored. This is gonna be long one.

Suited up, everyone was so reluctant to take the photo though.

Aileen and I

With Dom and Rous

We did a live-on-board with Seaborne...it was quite an experience...what with the constant nibbling nausea waiting to overwhelm you...the constant rocking motion,hence the nausea...just being away from land almost the entire time...the toilets we could only use when the boat was in motion(Ok, so we didnt always follow that rule,haha.), the limited space that made us have to climb around the boat....the food...good food at that...the life. The 2 days we spent on that boat made me wonder what it'd be to live a sailors life. Our experience was definitely too cushy in comparison though.

Haha,guess who?

Rou's pretending to put me to sleep

Rou's terrorizing me.

And, Rou's atoning for her sins.

Well, all in all, I was a little disappointed with the dive trip. Felt that visibility was really poor in Tioman..at least compared to Dayang and Aur....a friend of mine told me it'd be like that for a long time to come since Tioman's always undergoing some form of construction..so visibility's never very good. Only thing I saw..that Id never seen before..was a small blue spotted stingray! And this fish I couldnt identify coz it swam away before anyone else saw it. But it was big..and it kinda looked like an angelfish. Ok, I shant make myself sound so noob.

Stupid Rous. Haha



Emo shot, courtesy of Dom.

But I suppose the company made all the difference. We had our fun. The photos speak for themselves. Speaking of photos, no one else brought a camera..that kinda forced me to be the photowhore. Think I pulled it off fairly well. Haha. Live-on-board provided a whole new experience. Not forgetting the nausea. Haha. And of course, the diving, even with poorer visibility, had its appeal in its own way. Can't wait for the next trip. Got basic and advanced now...a leisure trip awaits. The only hurdle in looming in front of me is...moola...and when to go. Alright, thats all folks!


Check out the missile just above my right arm. We were at a live firing area.


AND check out what we saw! A SUB.

All of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home