Sunday, November 19, 2006

No Rest for the Wicked

Its official. Well, nearly. Due to unhealthy sleeping habits...staying up late and wasting time online...reading books...and overactive neural activity (especially in my frontal, parietal and frontal lobes I think), I've become an insomniac. Or maybe I've just become nocturnal. Heck, its annoying. I'm always sleeping whenever I don't want to..and not sleeping whenever I want to.

Just a couple of days ago, I uncharacteristically got off the computer at 1130, in a valiant attempt to correct my messed up sleep cycle/circadian rhythm. I dont remember how many times I turned my pillow over coz of the heat. But it took me about 2 hours to drift into the land of nod. 2 freaking hours, or more. Somewhere in that span of time, I sat up and almost gave up on sleeping, I turned on the lights and tried reading myself to sleep. Didnt work either.

Never did think much of sleep. It was more of a necessity to me than anything else, just to keep the body going. Yeah, weird I know. If I could do without sleep, I think I would. Didn't use to take afternoon naps either. Only coz the textbooks and notes co-erced me. And now here I am, wide awake whenever I try to sleep. Its ironic.

Sleep's an escape. Or so I thought. Once, I felt it was the best way to re-set our..well..lives and begin anew. I'd forget about all unpleasantries the day before and start each day afresh...and everything was good. Well, it wasn't always like that...but it sufficed. Any pain or discord wouldve ebbed away after walking through the planes of Morpheus and on our return to reality. And then what happened? I don't really know. Sleep eludes me. It's no longer an escape, just a temporary reprieve. Well, it's time to try again. Sleep beckons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home