Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Back from KL.

It was an all-ord guy trip to KL from Thursday to Saturday last week..Yes, I procrastinate about blogging. But I've discovered, again, that I like very little about the place. The last time I went up there..was perhaps..11 years ago, I remember not liking it very much then either. I suppose none of my expectations were met... I'd hoped to do some Christmas shopping for my family..what with the supposed Nation-wide sale, which seemed to exclude KL..but the bigger determining factor for my shopping-less holiday experience was the fact that there was nothing that appealed to me, or to any of us, for that matter (Ok, except for the girls and Mango). The food...well, it was funny how we ended up eating at places we could find in Singapore half the time. It was definitely cheaper though. Oh, Secret Recipe cakes rock. At half price too. And then, there was the overall atmosphere...the service...the conditions...I dont know, doubt Id go back there for some time to come. Thank God for the company tho, they made up for it all.

The few interesting things that we saw/did...Berjaya Times Square with its 'mall-on-a-mall' layout, according to William, and the indoor theme park. Which we would have went for if we had more time, and hadn't had lunch just before then. The roller-coaster looked fun. We bowled. Twice. Broke my thumb nail, as usual. Happened to some of the others too. China town was pretty interesting, except for the lack of variety in the stalls...and the visible lines of glue keeping the shoes-on-sale there together. Made one of my few purchases there! An autobots shirt, haha, didnt' even get the colour I wanted. We went to KLCC and saw the Petronas Towers. Zj felt very fulfilled at this point. All I wanted to do at the time was raid Kinokuniya. The subway and monorail systems were SO crowded. Not much of an experience, I assure you. Cabbing's the way to go, if you can find cabbies who charge by meter, and if you don't mind putting up with those cabbies with an attitude, in order to find the nice/honest ones. And yes, who can forget playing Mahjong from 11 plus to 7. Alright, so I only played one round and watched/read my book the rest of the time. Mich/Jess, if you see this, send me photos! Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home