Friday, December 08, 2006

A Return To Order

Didnt imagine I'd spend today the way I did. It was incredibly slow, sleepy, lazy and just...well..boring. I was officially the family chauffer. Think I clocked more than 200km driving yesterday and today. Probably sat in the drivers seat for almost 4 hours today. Well...the good news...is that Mom's back from the states! And she didnt complain too much about the house either. Though I was the only one home, making me the only one available to receive the few gripes she had about the state of the house. Fortunately, she didnt go on for long.

An example of what she asked me," Who gave us mooncake from Ritz Carlton?!" (after poking me in the shoulder and waking me up) And my sleepy sheepish reply to that was, "I already threw away 2 boxes of mooncake." Which doesnt answer the question I know, it was just me trying to save my own hide, in a sense. So yes, the astute reader would note today's date...and wonder why we still have mooncake in the house. But then, there's really no need to wonder, since it was just 3 guys holding the fort for the last 6 months.

But then, most of you might already know, that my mom went to Cornell for half a year and blah blah blah. So yeah...I think my laundry days are over. Haha. No more hanging clothes to dry at 1-2 am in the wee hours of the morning. Then again, being nocturnal, doing things like that shouldnt pose a problem to me. Alright, Im kidding, Ill still help around the house. But I noticed, the first thing mom did when she got home, was to start doing housework. I guess its just the maternal instinct. And perhaps, the house really called out to her.

Ok I'd better not go on bout the things that've been going on in this house for the past 6 months, for fear of revealing just how barbaric we really can be. Anyway, I think I mentioned trying to make aglio olio for myself for dinner one fateful saturday night. The recipe called for onions, tomatoes,olive oil....etc etc. Well, I kinda forgot about the onions after my failed attempt. And I guess mom didnt notice them too (fortunately). Haha. But this is what onions look like when you leave them in the fridge for...er...2 months?

And thats pretty damn long isn't it?! Haha. From just one bulb! At least 20cm. The others didnt grow so long coz they couldnt break through the plastic. Amazing...phototropism in plants, especially when theres no light in the fridge at all. Well, we do keep the fridge door closed most of the time. I took a quick photo of mini-onion farm when mom was out and quickly disposed of it. Then again, I'm surprised she didnt see it since she was rearranging stuff in the fridge.

Alright, I'm talking nonsense, but this is me being glad that mom is home. After 6 months of....mom-less-ness. Yes, just hanging with my dad and bro. Which was trying at times. I shan't elaborate. It does help to have a woman in the house. Especially with respect to dad. Seems like we're a complete household again. Order's been restored. I hope things get better. Haven't had home-cooked food in ages...save for hotdogs and mac and cheese, which I suppose..don't really count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home