Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Little Things That Aren't So Little.

THIS
is part of the reason why I took more than 4 hours to study miscellaneous viruses. Well I can't blame her entirely, can I? Who could? Especially when she calls out for "Uncle Joey!" from outside the room and knocks on the door, before opening the door to come in to play, pointing out various objects for me to take for her to scrutinise and name (if she knows) and asking me to do things like wear my hat, which she says is too big, when I put it on her.

Just before her bath, she came in to take pictures of me on her Pooh Bear Camera, so I thought I'd return the favour, but she ended up taking a few self shots too, a narcissist in the making, at a young and tender age no less. Mom says she just likes my room, and maybe she does, or the air-con when its turned on, but I'm glad to spend some time with my niece coz she's growing up so quickly, and what kind of uncle would I be otherwise? Locked away,absorbed with microbes as opposed to playing with my favourite (and only) niece? That wouldn't be right.

And so we decided to photowhore a little more. After all, I was a little tired of showing her the same few trinkets every time she came in (quite a few times, believe me). She laughs every time I let her listen to the tuning fork, and she loves playing with the little yellow stress ball that came with my 'M1 mole' orientation package, which incidentally, would be untouched and dusty, if not for her. Not to say that I'm not stressed. She was more engrossed in the LCD than in her own reflection this time, I couldnt get her to look at the mirror.

So I tried a different approach, and it worked. Only it reveals me in my absolute scruffiness, and the goatee that still hasnt disappeared yet, but will, soon. And there she looks -almost- straight into the camera, probably a little distracted by her reflection, adorable as ever. All the while, she kept calling out for Pooh Bear, indicating her camera, I suppose she wanted to take a few photos on hers instead of mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home