Friday, March 16, 2007

The Victory Song.


Sigur Ros' Hoppipolla. Thanks for the song Rous! Don't you think the bit at the end sounds just like you're...triumphant? I wasnt too far off when I said that to Rous, my evidence being the video, specifically- the end of it.

Rou an: Send me MORE music.

On to other things. I'm presently considering if I need to change my look. Not that I really consciously keep at it, other than not shaving the goatee. Sunday morning saw a pair of little Boy's Brigade boys approaching me, clutching tightly in their hands one of those you-dont-want-to-see-very-much donation cards. I shouldn't have walked in front of my cell group. They looked at me imploringly, and asked nicely (which is what snared me), if I would like to donate to them. I couldn't find it in myself to say no, so I looked into my wallet, pulled out a 2 dollar note, and gave it to the boy who asked. Once the signing was done, he said," Thanks UNCLE! " and scurried off, the way little boys do, leaving me with this blank look on my face, and my cell members laughing behind me. I felt like taking my money back.

Today, I went to Sharon's 21st birthday party and was sitting with all the other youth from church. They'd gotten some girl to guess the guys ages since she didnt know any of us. She's obviously young and inexperienced, with respect to guessing older guys' ages that is. Alright, to be fair, everyone's ages she'd guessed were all within 2 years of the mark. When it came to my turn, she said I looked 30. This was met with a huge outburst of laughter from everyone else. wth. And when queried why (not by me anyway), she said that I look like I've fathered two children. wth. I happen to like having a goatee. Or at least I've grown used to it. It can't possibly make me look 30!?! Just wait a few more weeks, when we start clinics, that'll be the end of it.


I keep forgetting who sent me what. But I like this song too. Stars - Your Ex-Lover Is Dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home