Sunday, May 27, 2007

"What a man!"

So I was told, as Dr ABC pressed the er...ultrasound probe against my pubic symphysis, and 5 other meddies looked at the screen, revealing my prostate, measuring 12cm across. Of course, he was merely mocking me, he told me later that it was average in size. Which is good, since I'm way too young to have benign prostate hypertrophy. Urology tutorial started out as a drag, coz Dr ABC was so stern and behaved as if we weren't there. And we waited around for an hour or so until he opened up and decided to show us a thing or two. Of course, our assigned tutor for the day was kinda amusing and just..really really nice. He kept joking and almost treated us like friends, but then, he was in the other room, with the other cg. Apparently, he was very aware of my cg's "predicament" with Dr ABC, and joked with the others bout it.

So we got to try our hand at ultrasound. The others had fun smearing conduction jelly on me, over my flanks, right and left lumbar regions, over my heart as well (where we could see my heart valves opening and closing) ..and of course, over my pubic region. Thank goodness they didnt go any lower. The doctor suggested scoping me too, it'd be a cold day in hell before I agree to that. And all the while, poor Brenda and Sherlyn were stuck in clinic with a certain prof, who happens to be an examiner for mbbs exams, so that might put things in their favour if they managed to give him a good enough impression that lasts 3 more years.

In a slightly pensive mood tonight, thinking thoughts that shouldn't be said, feelings that shouldn't be revealed, at least not here. Feel like nothing's coming out the way I want it to anyway. Hm. Oh well, I tried. Blogs have limited usefulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home