Saturday, June 02, 2007

The End of the Beginning

Another slightly overdue post, which I meant to put up on Friday. Better late than never eh. So... CSFC has ended. 6 weeks past, and we're another rung up the ladder. Another milestone in our medical education. Amazing how much we crammed in within 6 weeks, coz it sure does feel like we had to learn quite a bit of stuff. Build our confidence, our awareness, our technique, and hopefully, some knowledge too. And especially for me, improving my languages (I'm still working on chinese, so give me a break alright.)

Anyway, this is a shout out to the 3 people I'd spent most of my time with in CSFC: Andrew, Weili and Christelle! I wasn't sure what to expect when I found out that I'd been cut off from Emily and Suriya for our medicine tutorials. I was a little apprehensive of course, being an 'outsider', it'd be so easy to just...stay in a corner by myself and sulk, since I didn't know you guys very well. But I must say that you guys made it so easy for me to be a part of you. I really enjoyed working with you guys, and all the times we shared laughs and exchanged..er..info.. over lunch...and our little 'celebratory' lunch at that italian/indian/fusion food place just outside of SGH. Even when there was a little tension among us, it was easy to approach one another and iron out the differences. And of course, thanks for all the help whenever we had non-English speaking patients to clerk, and for looking out for English speaking patients for me too. Haha.

I'll miss our marvel vs capcom duels, jacking and getting jacked, by er...ALL of you, and especially, Weili's polycartoon antics, Andrew's pathology spouting sessions and Christelle's..hm..pro-typed-out-notes and rides! I hope we'll get posted to the same hospital in future..and I'm looking forward to working with all of you some time...Ok, I'd better stop myself before I get any more mushy than this. So..thanks again guys. It was an experience I hope I'll never forget.

Now, we have 3 weeks of holidays ahead of us. Vietnam beckons. Wakeboarding/cable skiing as well, among other things. Time to catch up on reading. And of course, I need to pack more for the inevitable move later this month. I'll miss this place. It's been..21 years. Spent most of Vesak Day and today packing stuff in my room and helping mom bubblewrap all the glassware and other cutlery. I'm a bit averse to wrapping stuff now.

Another random piece of info for anyone who wants to go shopping, I think I've been bitten by the shopping bug. A lot of my stuff is getting way too old and worn out, and needs replacing! I've got some other things I want to buy as well, purely on a 'want' basis. Only limiting factor now is money, then again, isn't it always? But I usually can't be bothered to go shopping. This is a rare occasion. Better get to it while it lasts. Haha, alright. Enough rambling from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home