Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Fleeting Fitness

Actually, maybe my fitness is just plain gone. Even Eugene's sister says I look flabby. Wah lau. Pushed myself to run today. Told myself I HAD to do it under 20 minutes. 18 maybe. Started off fast...and slowed down as I went. Kept slowing. Especially at the upslopes..and I couldnt stop myself. My lungs burned, it felt like my heart dropped into my gut, the point lateral left of my umbilicus hurt (which was funny, if it was on the right, maybe it'd have been appendicitis, haha, ok a bit lame.)

It was PURE torture. It felt like I'd gotten back faster than the past few times, but maybe coz I'm getting more familiar with the route. I even felt a bit sleepy at some points, I was so drained. Well, to my dismay, I got back home in 20:07!!!!!! WTF. 8 seconds too late. I was so tired that I lumbered/waddled up and down the road outside my house for so long..Which was kinda a blessing in disguise actually. Happenstance forced me to talk to this nice old lady who's my neighbour...in Chinese! For a full 10-15 minutes man. All of you out there laughing at my Chinese, better be proud. Haha. In fact, she told me she knew someone who's daughter just finished 1st year medicine too. How coincidental. I wonder who. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home