Monday, June 05, 2006

Post Wedding Blues

Spent half the day today in bed. A pretty rare occurrence for me. Don't usually take afternoon naps, but I decided that I needed to catch up on some sleep..After all the recent late nights and early mornings...well..not THAT many early mornings. Haha. My sleep cycle's gone mad, I almost always eat only 2 meals a day now. I doubt what I have for breakfast counts as brunch either. And sometimes I have noodles for supper at 3 in the morning. Crazy.

Went for a fellow Guard's officers wedding today....at Marina Mandarin. Parking was a bitch man, it was a warzone out there. Good thing traffic wasnt too bad. I managed to find a spot after circling around for some time...thanks to all the PC-show attendees. Only thing was, I parked at Carrefour. It was a 10-15 minute walk to Marina Mandarin and I was running late. Fortunately, Chinese weddings always start an hour after the stipulated time.

Well, I was hoping to meet some of my old friends, but it turned out that they werent coming. That left me with the ex-OCs (my superiors) and just a few of the ex-PCs (my equals)...which was boring man. I just ate and ate. Small talk died down after a while. And it didnt help that a certain ex-OC thinks he knows everything. Annoying. Well, I barely spoke to the groom, gave him an ang pow which burned a sizeable hole in my wallet, ate his food, sat around a while and left immediately after the wedding ended. So much for meeting old friends.

So much for hoping. Li reminded me bout that. Anticipation sucks. Well. Maybe it does. But it's the only thing that keeps us going sometimes isnt it? We all need something to look forward to. I know I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home