Sunday, June 24, 2007

Vietnam *poof*

I always get these bouts of inspiration to write whenever I'm not at the computer, and when I finally get here, they almost always dissipate, going to some nether region in my mind. Fleeting thoughts locking themselves in, only revealing themselves after I leave the computer. It's almost as if my frontal lobe is mocking me, daring me to attempt to write, and then withholding everything I wanted to put down. In case you havent realized, this is a long-winded excuse/explanation for why I'm not gonna say much about Vietnam.

It's good to be back home, even though 10 days in Vietnam wasn't too long, but it was...in it's own way, uncomfortable enough to make us miss Singapore. At least certain elements of it were. Take the weather for example, the weather SUCKED, everyone perspires the moment they leave their room, suffers that dirty-sticky feeling the whole day until we get back to the hostel, makes bathing truly glorious. Bad weather also contributed to increased irritability, at least for me la. So, yep, hope I didn't take it out on anyone else too much!

I was really starting to miss home towards the end of the trip, even though Saigon had its appeal and I enjoyed walking along its streets, exploring the city and taking in the sights and sounds. If I had to go back to Vietnam, I'd definitely revisit the place. But 'Home' just called out to me, tugged at my heart strings, and told me I needed to spend more time in my sanctuary, away from all the action, away from work, so i could let my guard down, and just be around the people and places I'm most comfortable with. Thats not to say that I wasnt with good company in Vietnam, because I can't think of a better group of meddies to go with!

Well, home just has its magic, doesnt it? But when I got home, that magic let me down. Everything I missed in Vietnam, was nowhere to be found when I set foot in my house, hm.. maybe not everything. I'm not even sure how to explain what I was expecting. A blend of emotions and comforts that ended up being revealed as the monotony and reality of my life.A deception of the heart and mind, engineered by myself. Makes you wonder how you can trust your own senses/feelings. Reminds me of a subnick of yours, Lois. Haha. Everyones trusting their hearts like their hearts don't lie.

My rooms still not completely packed, zips hair hasnt grown back fully, Mom's still working tirelessly at home and exhibits signs of...exhaustion and irritability, Dad's going for ANOTHER op, I wish there was another way, hmm.. And then there's school, which I think is the greatest underlying factor for all this melancholy-ness. Worry, worry, gotta stop worrying. Alright. I've rambled long enough. Wish the holidays didn't disappear like that. Gotta learn to appreciate things more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home