Friday, January 12, 2007

Saya penat. And my quads ache too.

Spent yesterday afternoon at Macritchie with Suriya, Baos and Kristanto...not a bad first running session of the year. My first in 2 months or more. Somehow, we all ended up running by ourselves. But it was good. Good to get the heart,lungs and legs working..enjoying each others company..at least for awhile, before we spread out...taking in the fresh air while we were in the jungle trail/reserve...and the not-so-fresh air along adam/thomson road. Did 8k, 2 rounds, the 2nd one nearly killed me mentally. But as always, thanks to endorphins and adrenaline, I felt liberated, accomplished, fulfilled, when it was over. Thanks Suriya, for asking me to run, and giving me that extra push. Hope I can keep this up.

We bowled at Stephrene's condo today, one of the two condominiums in Singapore with its own bowling alley, so she says. It was a little alleyway underground, with just 2 lanes, no overhead screens to tell u the score,but 2 screens/terminals on the ground, a small assortment of 10 balls, complete with a shoerack by the side. Poor Hon couldnt find a ball that suited her...and neither could Em, the finger hole sizes were all kinda weird. But what got to us, was the system which would intermittently, more often than not, fail to register pinfalls. So, in 2 hours, we only bowled one complete game and spent much of the rest of the time throwing practice swings, trying to curve the ball, bowling lefthanded, throwing 2 balls at once and several other stupid things...all of which were probably caught on the cctv. Haha, sorry Stephrene! Hope you'll still be allowed to bowl at home in future.

After that, Zj, Rous and I caught Pan's Labyrinth at Lido. I didnt know it was a foreign film, tho I do remember it'd won several awards, at least one from the Cannes film festival if im not wrong. Don't take my word for it. Well, we all enjoyed the show. It wasn't what I'd expected it to be, but it was an interesting story, with a different focus and twists that neither of us predicted. I won't reveal any of the plot, since we caught in on opening day, so go watch it, its good. Oh, it seemed like the world was in town today, I kept seeing familiar faces and bumping into old friends everywhere. To the extent that Zj and Rous wanted to abandon me and escape to fcuk. Haha. Pun not intended. Alright, it's late, and I'm not sticking to my sleep earlier each day plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home